Quote:

Whatever you do, you want at least one shim between the rocker and the holddown to eliminate wear. You should also find that the spacing is equal for each pair of rockers and that once you find the combo, each set will have the same shim config. (the valves all have the same spacing as do the pedestal bolts). The holes in the holddowns are also usually large enough to allow some movement.

When I assemble mine I cut 2 .015 shims in half and used a half on each pair of rockers as I tightened the holddowns. When I reached the right torgue I took them out - VOILA, each set with very close to the same clearance.

Sounds like a very good idea so i cut two 0.015 shims and i,m doing the same.
The only thing is that i had to remove two of the 0.015 whole shims that i had between the rockers and the spacers to allow one half shims on every couple of rockers.Huges recommends 0.005 to 0.015 side play, but being aluminium rockers,don,t like too much less than 0.015".

About the wear between the rocker and the hold down ,this kit come with a wide washers (0.122" or so) wich must go between the rocker and the holddown .You can add a shim for centering the rocker but you can,t remove this washer from that place.

Last edited by Coke; 12/21/12 09:36 AM.