I'm going to give you my tip that no one else seems to have mentioned . This involves a little bit of planning but makes a huge difference.

Paint prep as you you prefer. I usually paint the wheels on the inside and back with high solids black. ( john deere spray can tractor paint is awesome). The front of the wheels are finished in rattle can etch primer.

Now mount and balance the tires of your choice. Then after each tire rim combo is balanced have the tires shop BREAK down just the front side of each wheel combo . This way you can mask off the tire..... paint outside any color you want V2 looks great.

You can be as anal with this process as you want since the tire is only broken down on the front it won't move. You can mark where the weights were and remove and replace them after paint.

Valve stems are cheap the new set the tire shop put in on the tire job could have been cut out and new ones installed after paint instead of masking them.

For a driver you can paint/tape over the weights valve stems but the option is there. Why go to all the hassle because the tire machine work happens before your color coat . Only flaw in this pan is sometimes you need to remove the inner stem from the valves to get enough volume out of a small home compressor to re-seat the tire bead.

Sandy in Nova Scotia formerly drdodge340
68 coronet wagon, 68 formula s 340 fb barracuda-69 super bee-72 aussie charger-72 aussie vh dodge ute
-76 feather duster-76 duster-77 street van
- 98 ram 1500 SS/T-99 ram 1500-13 ram red express truck- 2015 hellcat challenger