Its just a stock rebuild 340....I wanted to give it some more oomph with the cam instead of the smallish hyd thaty it had in it.

Its all new, freshly rebuilt, it just had never been fired.

I tore it apart for inspection and there were lots of things wrong with the way it was put together, luckily it was never fired up!

It had floating pins, bushings installed on the small end, but they were not clearanced enough....also, they didnt drill any lubrication holes on the rods.

They didnt change the rod bolts to ARP.

They nicked a rod journal when assembling and the crank pin was gouged BAD, and the rod bearing was junk from just having been turned over while assembling it.

It has the OLD TRW slugs but they had very tight piston to wall clearance, like if they were cast psitons!

The heads have new guides, new valves, fresh valvejob. It all looks ok and its brand new.

Bearing clearances were WAY too tight. Im going for ,0025"

etc,,,,

So its all brand new stuff, should be OK once I correct all thats wring with it....but I dont want to spend more money on it, since its all complete and its all new. I drew ther line at the cam, springs and retainer swap, and all the machine work, new rings, bearings, oil pump, gaskets, etc.

I have other engines to build to get crazy on!

I just want this one to be a nice reliable street friendly 340.6 engine.