Quote:

Quote:

so i killed the a833 in my duster, and am swapping in a tremec

I'll assume "tremec" means 5 spd, either TKO or T5?, if so I would leave the engine and assorted hardware in place so you can mock up your install properly, record your current/factory driveline angle with an inclination meter, take a rough measurement of the tailshaft centerline to floor/crossmember distance to use as a baseline in obtaining/re-establishing your new driveline angle, as the A body is extremely tight to fit the Tremec, be ready to peel the floor up, and mod it along with anything else need to fit the tremec

Here's a 70 Duster pic from another Forum with a TKO600 install, showing an initial mock up

Mike

i picked up the newest crossmember from classicmoparfive speeds, and theoretucally have all i need for the trans swap. if i had trimmed the pinch weld on my firewall when i put the lakewod in, i probably wouldnt have to pull the motor now. but i also have to do a pan gasket, and want to do some cleaning, so im pulling it all.

im fully planning on keeping the driveline angles the same. may have to do some shimming/tweaking.

and yes, tko 500. spec stage 2+ clutch, etc.
if you want to give me some feedback, having been here and done this a number of times, i would welcome it. the whole setup is in the last page or two of my build thread.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=111545

i plan on triangulationg my subframe connectors to my t-bar crossmember at the same time as doing the trans swap and stitch welding the t-bar crossmember to the floor.

probably wint have the center over the trans piece left at all when im done.

with all this, would you still go from the bottom? just take out the 4 speed hump, and cut the tunnel as necessary as i go when lowering the body back down? i have a cutting template, but not sure how much good it will do me in this case.

Michael Crawford CSP 1970 plymouth Duster back under construction: http://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.ph...ouring-makeover 1964 el camino beater shop truck 96403-project-drivabeater-2-0-64-el-camino-this-time