Well, I spent a few bucks and had some upgrades done to the old Ram. It is a 5.7 hemi with cnc ported heads with 6.1 size valves, a sidewinder cam, long tube headers, cnc ported throttle body, cold air intake, cat delete and a custom tune via a diablosport handheld. I dynoed this truck at the mopar nationals last August when it had just the headers, throttle body and cold air intake and it made a 268 rwhp. Not bad, but really just about 10-15 more rwhp than a stock one. So, I went ahead and did the cam, heads and finally tuned it. On the first pull this last tuesday, the truck was sounding good and the power and torque was up on the graph everywhere. All was well until the end of the first pull. OUCH! The truck did make 339 rwhp without the final tune, but now Im worried about what might have caused the driveshaft to spit it and rip in half. New shaft is on the way and it should be back on the dyno tomorrow. Provided nothing else was hurt like the trans internals or the axle. What do you guys think made this shaft come flying out?

Here is a link to the video and a picture of the driveshaft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrxu4iySpSY&list=HL1354801550&feature=mh_lolz

7491374-ramshaft1.jpg (215 downloads)