Hey everyone. I've been hanging out on ForBbodiesonly and 69Roadrunner a lot. Been lurking around on here and figured I'd post my restoration thread here also. I've been wanting a 1969 Roadrunner since my kindergarten years and finally got the chance to buy one. I'm 20 years old so young by everyone's standards but I've been working on cars and motorcycles most of my life. I own a 68.5 swb c10 that I've been working on for the past 2 years.(Dont worry I'm more of a mopar guy then a chevy ) My dad used to have a 69 runner back in the day and it was his storys that made me come to love the roadrunner. He'd always brag about it. His was sold in the late 70's early 80's and wrapped around a telephone pole the week after he sold.Story goes the guy was drag racing the car and lost control of it.
I'll start you off with a picture of my dads runner from back in the 70's

So on to mine. Apparently she was saved from the crusher and/or turning into a parts car two or more times before I scooped her up and saved her. Originally a 383/4 Speed car. I plan on going with the same color as my dads (Sunfire Yellow) Because I have dreamed of having his car forever(Minus the post.. I like the Hardtop with the roll down windows) I dig the old school look so I'm going for keeping the car mostly original looking other then having some decent audio, disc brakes, and some other small stuff. So I will most likely go with rally wheels, redline tires, and some caps. Although if I can get my hands on some slots like my dad's had I'd love that.

The car has a 3.91 8 3/4 with the sure grip Unit. I was told that the car is believed to be an A31 Option car but cant verify that due to the lack of a fender tag or a build sheet(Which I looked all over for)

I stripped the car of it's interior and begun cleaning and finding spots I have to patch (Which I'm glad to say the floor pans need no replacing other then 1 or 2 puncture holes from god knows what)

Cleaned up the Dash and bought this cluster for $30. Tempd it up for a picture and back in the box it goes

Bonus picture of my c10

Now a little background on the roadrunner. the guy I bought it from gave me the info of the guy he got it from . Got some information. Car hasn't been on the road since 1983 or 1993 due to a front end crash(explains the sattelite hood/fenders). It had resided in Torrance CA most of its life (My birth town ). Also where my dad lived and owned his roadrunner. My dads was sold in the late 70's and after it was sold got wrapped around a telephone pole.. Some weird connections going on here. We where meant to be <3 also a member on 69roadrunner.net had owned the car for a short period of time before selling it to the guy I bought it from. Then I found out the owner of surf city garage had bought the car as a parts car but never used it. I found the lady who owned it before that but have yet to speak with her. I am a lot farther along in the car now. But just wanted to get you guys a little caught up first.