Been awile since i posted ,but im back.Racing season is over for me and im planning to upgrade my car a bit over the winter.The car runs well for what it is (7.13 @96 in the 1/8 best) and always runs 7.1's -low 7.2's in good weather.The problem is its out of steam at about 5800 and although i think the heads arent helping matters , i think the cam is an even bigger issue.I got a smoking deal on a cam and lifters for it .My goal was to select a cam that would be ideal for my setup without over camming it for my compression ratio ,convertor ,gears ,etc.

Here is my setup:
360 LA strocked to a 408
10 to 1 compression
Unported Econo W2 heads
Harland Sharp roller rockers
Victor intake
750 Demon
MSD ignition (dist ,box ,coil)
Hedman Hustler Fenderwells
PG trans with a 3500 convertor
4.10 gears with 26 tall tire
(i have a set of 4.86's also ,but the car slowed down with them ,so i went back to the 4.10)
Now for the cam:
the current is an Eddy hyd flat tappit
.488/.510 lift and 234/244 dur @50 with a 112 lobe sep
The cam i bought for it:
Its an NOS Inskenderian solid flat tappit
.507/.507 lift and 254/254 dur @ 50 with a 108 lobe sep

I am only after about 6200-6300 rpm and have no desire to spin it past that with the cast crank .May do it ,but im not gunna.

I realise that a solid roller ,12.5 to 1 pistons ,porting the heads ,etc ,would do alot more for it,but i really dont want to tear this thing down at this point.Its still running strong ,has great compression ,oil pressure ,and not alot of passes on it.This car is also a "Back Burner" hobby (i have several) for me and i dont care to sink that kinda $$ into at my involvement level .

My question is ,do you think any will be gained by the cam swap alone ?Should i have selected a different grind ? Keep in mind this is a budget car ,that i just race for fun at Nostalgia events a few times per year.I am wanting to run a 7.0 class and maybe dip into the 6.9's .Any and all opinions on the cam would be appreciated ,thanks ...

Last edited by The Shocker; 11/20/12 09:52 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykcsXMV3vfg My Dart ,and im just getting started...