Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

cool but it would seem not to be to cost effective. You could build a stroked small block that would walk it for a 1/3rd the cost.

Really and how much do you think it would cost?

I personally think if done right would make the car everyday drivable. Just wish the 5 spd auto would fit with out cutting the floor.

Why can't you make a stroked small block w/ a 4 speed drivable?

Never said you cannot make a stroked small block w/ a 4 speed drivable. But 5.7 Hemi has been in cars for a while now. Junk yards have them now. You can find wreaked cars with complete drive trains for less than 5k. If you do it yourself there is a lot you can save. Still not cheap, but a stroked small block is not either.

Quote:

oh and what 5 speed are you going to use w/ a 5.7 hemi? Add it up. cost of Hemi + electronics+senors/bungs + custom exhaust + trans + fabrication work = BIG $$$

The 5 spd auto I was talking about is the auto that comes with most 5.7 Hemis. With the speeds freeway traffic is running these days you need an overdrive. A stroked small block with 3.91s at the same freeway speeds is not fun and would not be driven much because of that.

Quote:

for no real return except the "cool" factor. I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, just not a real good idea for the average Joe w/ a nice muscle car. A better choice would be a Magnum style EFI car.

A completed 5.7 to me would be more satisfying than a stroked small block. The return would be the fact it would driven a lot more. And that’s why I would keep the car

I got too many projects and not enough money, but if I had the time and money for another project a 5.7/6.1 would be one of them. Along with a later model EFI 302 (O/D auto) in a 66 mustang and a 5.7 (GM) 6spd in a 65 GTO.

Allen Here's a novel idea, let's not throw a bunch of parts at the car hoping it will fix the problem and instead spend a little time diagnosing it first. Life was a little easier when I was just a wrench.