Quote:

A lot of guys may be interested in going to E85 but may not want to spend the $$ for some of the needed upgrades. So has anyone tried mixing E85 with pump 92 for a good compromise that would let a guy run decent compression, and just rejet for the extra needed fuel?... Thoughts?

I've been doing it for several years now and was up to 60% E at one time. My engine would probably run great on pump 92 (11:1 compression, too much cam) but I mix pump 87 with E85 and both are cheaper than the 92. Last season I was running E25 mainly because it works with the jets I have for my extensively modified Holley 9377 (1150).
I don't have enough compression to benefit from E85 but I do like the cooler running and added octane from the ethanol and the 25cents per gallon cheaper than pump 92 is a bonus. Also, since I don't need much E85 I can buy 5-6 gallons and only need to get some fresh pump 87 and mix it up when needed. I have to drive all the way across town to get E85 these days. Mixing is a little work and I sometimes have to use algebra to figure out how much E10 (pump 87) to mix with a known amount of E85 to get a target ethanol blend %. Getting E25 from E10 and E85 just requires a 4:1 mix. I'm thinking simple/typical carb tuning changes would do the job at a measly 25% and might benefit those racing in hotter parts of the country. It NEVER gets hot here compared to what most people have to endure at times.