Quote:

I know this is the age old question but does anyone have any recommendations of a competent quality body shop / man in the mid Atlantic area?
I live in the Baltimore area so I would like to be able to visit from time to time so maybe not more than a couple hour drive away hopefully.
I have a Superbird that I have owned since 1980, I have it mostly disassembled now a little more to go , that I would like to get back as a painted roller sanded and buffed with the fenders and doors hung. I will do the rest. I know this is very specialized work and am not try to screw anybody and I know materials are through the roof but when you’re talking about a basically dry car with original sheet metal I just can’t afford go into the 40-50K range and don’t want to wait four years. Does anybody have any recommendations or even constructive comments. Maybe 40 -50 is what it should cost. If that’s the case then it might be time to let it go I guess.

Hello,

My car was done by a great bodyguy that lives in Harper's Ferry, WV. It is only about 90 minutes from you, right off of 340 in Harper's Ferry. He just built a shop at his home and will be working out of it. He did a great job on my car, is very reasonable, and did a 67 Coronet R/T that won Carlisle in 2009. I don't think he has restored a Superbird, but am pretty sure he has done many Runners and Chargers, as well as many other difficult cars (59 Vette, 57 Chevy, etc.). His name is Mark Harris and his number is 304-535-6523. Leave a message and he will get back to you.

Trustworthy, up front dude and you pay as you go. He encourages you to see what he has done before getting more money, and several times I helped him out..

Either way, good luck with your car!

Pete