Fox,
The fuel level is above 1/2 tank and dropping as I drive it. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your attempt to help, but the stock lift pump bashing does nothing toward that end. And yes, dropping the tank is next on the list if the overflow valve replacement doesn't do the trick. Just not looking forward to that given I will be working by myself. I may have to rig a hoist and lift the bed instead. I remain unconvinced that the sock plugging is causing such an intermittent problem though. I may soon be proven wrong though.

As for the carter pump, I realize I am not going to get 20+ psi of fuel pressure with it,(don't need it)and that most feel they are junk. However, with a completely stock engine and tunning, that stock pump has maintained a minimum of 10 psi under the heaviest loads, or better over the last eight years and 80 thousand miles. Even while pulling my 11,000 lb 36 foot travel trailer up steep grades here in Colorado. Normal running empty pressure is 14 to 16 psi.

The issue is this intermittent pressure loss. What ever is driving that would have the same effect no matter what kind of pump I was running.

And BTW I never bought a pump from a Dodge dealer.

Last edited by Charger69RT8; 11/08/12 08:55 PM.

2012 Challenger SRT
2012 Charger SXT AWD
69 Charger R/T
78 Chrysler New Yorker 440CI
89 Dodge Daytona ES 2.5L Turbo
99 Ram 2500 4X4 5.9L6