Quote:

What do others think?
All the best Frank

I think it's a complete lie.

This subject has come up a few times over the years on Moparts and I have spewed this out before:

1. The great fire itself: No newspaper article reporting it, no record of fire response by local FD, just absolutely no record of it at all. Is there any employees at the time who recall this event? Nope. Chrysler's insurance company should have a record, right? Where is it? Something as simple as a trash-can fire would be documented somewhere no matter what the case.

2. Speaking of insurance companies and other regulatory bodies, there should be more than one copy of a build record per car anyway. Why? Cars involved in crimes would need to be tracked down somehow, insurance claim purposes, gov safety records, recalls, you get the picture. Proof of this exists that some folks have found more than one build sheet for their car.

A company as large as Chrysler Corp would have duplicate or even triplicate copies of everything for the unlikely event of fire, flood, or theft: Workers names, timesheets, incident reports, the product built, recall data, supplier tracking, accounting, you name it, in more than one location. So if a fire really did happen, then duplicate build records have to exist in another building somewhere.

3. That must have been some fire: it was selective enough to go after all the coolest cars and left all the family cars, station wagons, and taxis alone. Thank goodness.

4. Fire, my aunt fanny. Ask the oldest Chrysler employee about any such event and you are likely to get the response: "What fire?"

Until someone of Chrysler Corp authority comes forward and shows written, documented proof on the date, location, and follow-up assessment of damages related to this specific incident I will go on believing that no such "fire" ever happened.

You asked!

Mo' Farts

Moderated by "tbagger".