Quote:

I’ll ask again, if you take the car up to 4-5k rpm and let it coast down in gear do you get poor/good/very good engine breaking? Does your exhaust show any blue under engine breaking?

Sorry I forgot to address your question. Honestly, I only took the car down the road once because it needs an alignment and the brake rotors still had paint overspray on them (bad braking ability). From what I remember, it seemed to have good engine braking... normal, I'd say, based on the memories of driving the car before all this BS. As far as the "blue exhaust".... I don't know.

Don at FBO told me today that I can't run an evac systen on a street car due to the mufflers and back pressure that would cause the nasty gases to feed back into the motor/oil and it would just ruin the oil prematurely. I already had an order with Mancini because the tech there told me it would fix my problem. Don gave me some tips and will be working with me to address my problems if the leak down test shows no problems. I'll let you guys know.

BTW here's the car that is giving me hell.

7424176-DSC_0003copy.jpg (20 downloads)