On my Plymouth, the center pivots (attached directly to the rack) were 2" apart at the center (I only had a right and left tie rod assembly with no center link) and went all the way to the steering arm at the spindles. I no longer have the car, but we did drive it about 6,000 miles. Didn't notice any bump steer unless you were doing a sharp turn at low speeds, then you could notice a bit of bump steer. Also, I still had the shocks at factory instalation, which was between the upper and lower control arms. Was intending on moving the upper mount but sold the car first.

There are 2 other minor inconvences you should know about.
1) the car did not turn as sharply as it did originally, I suspect the turning radious was probably 5' larger diamiter then original.
2) at highway speed, 70-75mph, the steering was a bit touchy (I had power steering) What would be a minor in-lane correction at 30 mph would be a 1/2 lane correction at 75. I suspect a pressure regulater on the pump would have solved that problem. (Another thing that was on my list I never got to.)

The picture above your post shows how the rack and tie rods compaired the original box and tie rods as layed out in the car. I used the Cavalier rack (Intrepid is a front steer rack) with the Intrepid tie rods which I shortened to match the length of the original in overall length.
Gene