I have recently seen pictures of a Ranger clip on a 40s Mopar body, 2 things struck me right away:
1) The upper shock/spring mounting a-frame is pretty ugly and stands high above the suspension. Apparently the Ranger mounts the coil spring above the upper control arm. The guy commented he always used a coil over shock for the front spring it "improve" the looks. The one shown only had a shock mounted to the bracket and it still looked goofy, to me.
2) It looked like the frames were inline with each other where they were spliced. They were spliced right behind the control arm rear mounting locations. There seemed to be a lot of transition at that location, the junction is not a smooth change in direction, but a rather dramatic change, almost like the Ranger frame moved in a different direction then the Mopar frame. Probably not a structural issue, but it sure doesn't improve the clip in the looks department.

On a 40s Mopar, a Dakota frame looks like it belongs there, the Ranger frame looks like an unplanned event.

Maybe I need to look under a Ranger to see if the visual issues are a result of the builder's inexperience or a matter of that is the best its going to be.
Gene