Quote:

That is the same Sony unit I have in my '64 Valiant, and I hate it with a passion. For no reason, it randomly resets the color, the station settings, the display readouts, and whatever else is on the menu. The LCD display is so weak I can't see anything on the screen on a bright day, and every time I turn off the ignition, the radio beeps after a few seconds. Very annoying.

On the positive side, it has good sound and can pick up weak AM stations better than the stock unit. I could care less about amplifiers or powerful speakers, since I don't care to share my listening fare with anyone down the block or four vehicles behind me. The basic unit will crank out far more volume than my ears can handle, and I have no need to impress anyone with how much I spent on a sound system.

The bad outweighs the good on my Sony, and it will be replaced with something friendlier this winter...probably a touch screen with GPS.

I wonder if you have a power issue where the radio is losing it's battery constant feed and everything resets to the "out of the box" settings/losing preset radio stations? the red/blue swapping sounds like it goes back into "demo mode" you can turn that off in the settings. Mine is set to blue and it stays there until I unhook the battery if I'm doing electrical work. The beep can also be turned off in the settings.

**Photobucket sucks**