Quote:

Even when we bicker there's info for everybody
It's the Moparts way sometimes

It's not officially bickering until there's a double or triple quote followed by a interesting rebuttal

Any bushed rocker requires a hardened shaft with banana grooves & hardened or chroe moly pushrods

I'm running prw stainless rockers on my LA smallblock. I had an adjuster come loose two different times. A little loctite fixed it for the past year or so.

I understand why needle bearings want a hardened shaft. Why would a bronze bushed surface need a harder shaft than stock? Unlike a hardened bearing the bushing is softer than steel and has more surface area than stock. Also, I have hardened pushrods for insurance against rubbing but why would an adjuster wear the pushrod faster than stock steel on steel? It does get oiled, right?

I went with prw because I saw durability in the bushed stainless and coming to mopars from building mostly harley shovel motors (very bad pushrod geometry) the common wisdom with them is to go to a roller tip rocker at .5+" lift to avoid side loading the valve.

Also and this is a big one- I can change cams and adjust the rockers to get the right lash (or preload).