Mom and Dad arrived first, and pulled in front of Darren's Charger, which put the front of thier truck into the turn lane. Mom was on the passenger's side of the truck, but instead of walking in the grass, she came around the front and set off towards us in the first lane of traffic. No sooner than I finished yelling at her to get out of the road, Jamie pulled up behind the Valiant, stepped out of the Dakota, and nonchalantly walked toward us in the traffic lane as well. Next thing I know I've got five Okies looking at me like I'm the crazy one, because I keep telling them to get out of the street!
A lengthy discussion ensued, in which Darren resigned himself to loading it on the trailer. "You're on your third Drag Week...it's an easy call for you, you've finished before, this is my first, I'm not ready for it to end!"
Dad was particularly upset with my "If it goes on the trailer it's done" attitude. "What about in '06, when I snuck off to the parts store in Cordova, and brought you parts in the bathroom! You weren't interpreting the rules so tightly then!" He had Boone and I in his steely gaze, searching for a reprieve. I gave it my best Val Kilmer/Doc Holliday impression, "My hypocrisy only goes so far...".

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines