thanks again to everyone that has helped me decode this car as there is definetly something different about it with that SO# starting with 7 and then the high amount of options it had and how it was not delivered until after 120 days after the build. But nobody can tell for sure in 68 what all those oddities acutally mean. Well now to add a little more to it.

I finally got a chance today to unload the car and inspect it better when I rolled it into our storage shed. I forgot my camera or I would have shot pics for you guys to see and it is an hour and a half away so it might be a while before I get back up with the camera. But long story short this car's unibody was completly green! You would never have know it looking at the car but when you take off the doors and fenders there were the tell tail areas with green under where they had repainted the car. If you looked up the rear of the trunk under the package tray and crossbars it was still green there too! The bottom part of the trunk was correct with the wheelwells in black and pan in black but anything up high they just skipped. The fenders, doors, hood and trunk deck did not show any green at all. The car was obviously reshot at the factory in black and they did it once the doors, fenders and hood were on the car. It is an original paint car and you can clearly see that with it torn apart so this is an example of a car being reshot another color before leaving the factory.

I was wondering if the odd SO# might have something to do with this as I wonder if chrysler wanted a black exec or promo car and just pulled a green unibody and reshot it black?? The buildsheet and tag obviously say bb1 black. Does anyone else have ANY input on this as something is odd on this car and would love to try and figure it out as I have had alot of people say that 7 means something but in 68 with the odd buildsheets and codes that year no body can pin it down. Also wanted to say a special thanks to Dan who decoded this for me and did the original cost of the car and this thing was actually just under $4300 window sticker new! That was alot more than a hemi coronet rt so it was a highly optioned car.

Last edited by vette1986; 09/23/12 09:43 PM.

1969.5 A12 Bee EV2
1971 Charger RT
1973 Duster tubbed 500 low deck 10.90 monster
3 440 polara vert projects