Update: I put in a new accelerator pump plunger and the small delay is the same. Raised the float level a little and adjusted the pump rod and drove the car till it was fully warm. Tested idle to wot and it bogged. Then I had to take care of a few other things so the car sat for 30 minutes. Took it out again and after making sure the choke was fully open I smashed the pedal a few times without getting a bog! Throttle respons was crisp and clean! Tried som more an all was fine. Took the car for a drive and after about 5 minutes of driving i tried cracking the throttle wide open again and it bogs
Seems like something in the ignition circuit is not up to the task. I'll start with the ballast and eventually follow up with ecu and coil as I have spares. Briefly explained the car will bog when it has been driven for a while. After cooling down for 30 minutes it does not bog. Drive some and it bogs again. I'll see if I get some time to dig into this tonight. Please let me know if you see things I haven't thought about. (Ampere meter is by-passed and wiring checks out good to ballast.

Last edited by General 68; 09/20/12 02:49 PM.