Quote:

Other than poor selection for 383s, what exactly is wrong with the inexpensive sealed power/federal/speed pro pistons? They are extremely widely used (especially in the SBC stuff I play with) and I have never heard of a problem with them.

My local shop did a 440 for a board member here , he swapped in a set of brand new 6pk replacements for a set of the 2266's that sit .100 in the hole he originally had this shop install, that motor was fresh he should have been able to check weights to confirm they were the same , which they usually are , and rehone the block , fresh rings and go . the pistons were 45 grams heavier ... rebalance rotating assembly .... and when measured they were EXACTLY the size of the overbore , where the clearance is usually built into the piston ... rehone the block oversize and buy file fit rings to get the proper end gaps.

I can't remember the exact story of who sold what but the pistons are another quality product from the land that gave us crab rangoon.

The plus is I have 2 engines that are at an odd oversize after honing with a torque plate when they weren't originally and these should be a cost effective way to freshen these engines