Car came with factory front sway bar. The control arm brackets interfered with the calipers when I installed A body spindles/disc brakes many years ago. I trimmed the factory brackets and redrilled the holes in what was left of them for the end links on my factory bar. The whole set up ended up putting the end link bolt closer to the control arm. It was a rig job at best...not alot of meat left and over the years the hole I drilled got hogged out....fast forward to a few years ago, I had an accident and had to replace the drivers side arm. I got one with a factory sway bar tab. despite me telling the body shop that they would have to do something with it...they just installed as is. I didn't know this till yesterday when I was putting the new hellwig bar on. I don't even know how the car has been steering..the caliper slams into the tab with the wheels almost straight.

So here I am with one boogered up tab and one factory tab that's hitting the caliper. I decided to start fresh since the hellwig bar comes with it's own bolt on brackets so I cut off my death race cob job brackets.

I bolted the brackets to the shock bolt as per the instructions...Even though this bracket is different from the factory tab, it hits just as bad....

Here is how the instructions say to install it: