Biggie is my son.

This Chrysler New Yorker Newport is a 2 door hardtop with the standard short block 331 Hemi. Trust me, we have hammered this out over on the HAMB board, I know which block we have, and it is the newer block. We have determined this is likely a middle of year produced car. It has a 2 bbl carb and he has found and purchased an original 4 bbl intake and carb. We will probably install the intake and carb next spring.

We have rebuilt the front brake wheel cylinders, repacked the wheel bearings, and we have installed right hand studs and lug nuts in place of the wheel bolts. We have rebuilt the master cylinder. We were able to pull the rear hubs off and rebuilt the rear brake cylinders, replaced the brake shoes, and repacked the rear wheel bearings and replaced the outer axle seals. The brakes and e-brake work awesome.

We have added an alternator, retained the generator to drive the power steering pump, replaced the belts, all the hoses, and have completely rewired the car, front bumper to the rear of the car. We have updated all the light sockets and have installed all new 12 volt bulbs.

Though the tires are almost new as far as tread is concerned, they are weather checked very badly. He has decided he needs to change the tires before he drives it, and he still needs to have the exhaust done. He is unable to change the exhaust do to a back injury, and I am NOT going to lay on my back to cut off exhaust bolts, he will have to pay someone to do it, unless one of you is volunteering. He as been quoted custom dual exhaust system for less then a single exhaust system, in the mid $400-$500 range.

The car is parked in his garage until spring. The wiring update took much longer then expected. Old positive ground switches don't mix well with currently available electrical connections and wiring harnesses. It was a major PITA. Gene