Quote:

actually, this is incorrect. If this were case then all would have an "S" engine code. They could be had w/any motor, but most i've seen are 440, 400 and 360 in this order. Some have Adv SE int. Any reg option was avail as it was just a conversion. The ones i've seen in person have all the same options you'd find on a warlock but not warlock specific options.

i have seen only two, and one was new in the dealership. both were 360, and both were lrx packaged. rumors about 4 speeds, big blocks and other "options" are always floating around. find one of those with an order sheet, window sticker (monroney) build decal off the bottom of the hood and a door decal and post them. i'm not saying they werent made, but anyone with a black stepside can add some decals and have a midnite express truck. i was going to paint mine black and do a midnite express. in '78 i was looking at dealers for a kitcar, but they didnt have one. looked at the lrx and midnite express, couldnt afford them. i ended up with a 68 hemi charger off the used car lot. i've seen one other midnite express since '78, and that was in jersey in the mid 80's, in east hanover in an industrial park off rt. 10. chatted with owner a bit and his was also a 360 with a full lrx package (door tins, silver instrument panel, chrome stacks, all bedwood, dual snorkel air cleaner with tubes, tuff wheel, etc) and he owned it since new.

if there's a bigger, better version, i'd love to see it. a 440/4 speed midnite would be kickass!! somehow, i dont believe a "real" one will ever be found.

"When Tyranny Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty"