Took the GTX there last night HAD A BLAST!! Was there from 6:00 - 11:00 and abused the heck out of the GTX, never could get it to hook up, learned that racing a 4-speed (or any number of gear manual) is an art that I know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT and have the utmost respect for drivers that still compete with and also for those in the past I tried, "walking", "pedaling", "feathering", tap dancing I don't know if there are even words to describe how bad I was doing trying to get back into something I did decades ago with a Torqueflite. Couldn't keep it from rolling after staging, don't know if it was the clutch or my bad technique, I'm thinking the latter

I ended up going three rounds in eliminations and broke out by by over 5-tenths and I had the other car by a bunch and wasn't going to hit the brakes. The car was.....make that; I WAS SO INCONSISTANT that I couldn't figure out what I was going to run.

After most of the eliminations were done they let us have more time trials so I tried to practice staging and 60' time improvemnent and had a blast just doing that.

Now I'm working on a better clutch, distributor, intake, tires and............. The GTX is a 94,000 mile numbers everything car that is being flogged and abused by me but driven like I guess it was originally built for...WAY TOO MUCH FUN

I may be ready for the 14-16 weekend for me to abuse the GTX and embarrass myself some more just for the fun of it

7357695-DSC04673aaaa.jpg (88 downloads)