Guys,

I ran into a problem where there appears to be a crack in the heat cross over passage in my '596 castings. This has already dumped some coolant into my running motor, end result is that just the short-block remains in car as I yanked the heads to get them checked.

These heads have been heavily ported, have barely any run-time on them since re-build, competition 5 angle valve job, new guides, so I'd hate to toss them.

The machine shop pressure tested them, they are suggesting we use epoxy to completely fill the cross-over itself. They claim to have done this type of a fix many times, on different types of heads.

I'm thinking this may work, heck, the cross-over filled epoxy won't be getting much movement at all. Only worry is the epoxy facing the hot exhaust gasses right opposite the regular exhaust port.

Has anyone dones this, seen this type of a fix done? What are the chances of this working? Or am I really just blowing my $$$ ($100 fix cost, not bad considering what I have tied up in these heads and barely any runtime to show for it...LOL).

Need some honest opinions here...give me what you got!!!