Quote:

my friend had the exact same thing happening, couldn't figure it out - this was on a freshly restored "everything" 440-6 70 Challenger R/T, and I mean everthing...so it stalls one day while we're out, I'm looking it over, and I notice the coil is kind of "wet" looking - oily residue around the top - it was leaking and heating up and brreaking down I figured, swapped for a new coil and hasn't happened since - not leaking either. I also had the same problem, like someone just reached in my window and shut the ignition off while doing 60 or idling, spoke to a friend at the dealer where I picked up my MP electronic ignition kit and he told me the orange boxes were possible subject to heat soak - to try a chrome box - that was about 8 years ago - never happened again after I swapped chrome for orange...my

I think shakerjoe hit the nail on the head with the coil solution. I know it's not the same as the RoadRunner but my old Dakota did the same exact thing your RoadRunner is doing. It would cut off and then sometimes you couldn't get it to start or sometimes it would start right back up, would always cut all power immediately. Turns out, the oil inside the coil had slowly leaked out to where it would cut all power whenever i turned, was sitting at a light, etc. - it would always lose connection. I say try a new coil and see if that doesn't solve your problem right away!