Quote:

Also, heat is what kills these things, I realize SLC isn't toasty in the winter, but summer gets into the 90s there doesn't it? You might consider getting an aux cooler for that thing. Maybe the factory had one for those minivans? Or look into getting an aftermarket one that will fit somewhere in front of the radiator/AC condensor.

Maybe even get a trans temp gauge so you can keep tabs on it. We've got a Autometer trans temp gauge on the '01 Durango. It's nice knowing what it runs at. 70 degrees F above ambient seems to be the norm on the highway, but stop-n-go really heats it up. I think I've seen 180-190 degF, and that's WITH the factory aux cooler, but no aftermarket cooler.

I do have a B&M supercooler that is just sitting on the shelf. I was thinking about cleaning it out and installing it...if it already does not have one on there....(I had it one day before taking it in, and I didn't check). It does have the "towing package" designed to kill these transmissions.

It was 100 degrees here today, so it's been toasty. I have additional coolers on my other mopars. I really should put one on my 01 neon too, come to think of it

I will ask the rebuild guy if installing my own cooler will void the warranty.

eight

Mopar or no car