Anthony, You are not telling these guys the entire story. The stroker kit I sold you would have ended up being approximatley 11.3:1 compression ratio. A 496 cubic inch stroker, along with a set of 85cc Stealth heads and our HEH5055Bl cam would net out at approximately 185 pounds of cranking cylinder pressure. This will easily run on pump gas without any detonation. Now, because of peer pressure from people who have nothing invested in your car (money like you or reputation like me)you are afraid to build anything over 10 or 10.5:1. I have explained to you multiple times in a calm and respectful manner, that cranking cylinder pressure is what you really care about, not just the compression ratio. 2 weeks ago you told me that you wanted pistons that would give you closer to 10.5:1 no matter what. I gave in and agreed to take back the pistons you have and get you a set of new pistons with the dish in them you want. I DID tell you that they would cost more and that this would require balancing the new pistons and then making up a new bobweight and balaning the crank. You agreed to all of this. Now, the pistons are here and you are getting cold feet again about the compression and you don't want to pay for the pistons or the freight etc... I understand how frustrating this is for you which is why I have spent, literally, hours on the phone with you teaching and explaining how I helped you choose the parts. This is the difference between us and someplace like Summit or Jegs where you just order parts online and hope it all works. There are a lot of good reputable engine builders out there who can confirm that 185psi cranking cylinder pressure will work fine for you. JohnRR is giving you good advice. Put it together and enjoy it. Now, if your whole problem is that you have changed your mind and now want a 4.250" stroke instead of a 4.150 stroke...that is another story. We also spent a lot of time discussing that issue. Like JohnRR said, there really is no difference on a build like yours. With the heads flowing no more than they are and the pump gas compression you won't be able to feel any difference.
I just wanted to clear this up and explain my side of this issue. You being happy when this done is our best advertising. I would not suggest parts that wouldn't give you what you need. You can beleive me or not believe me. That is your choice. I am not going to beg you to build it right. I guess I should have just sold you a 10:1 kit like you first asked for and not worried about how it ran. But that is not how I like to do things. I would rather exceed your goals than see you disappointed.

Last edited by Hughes; 07/11/12 03:28 PM.