This sucks. I'm not sure what to do..... I know that going the Dana route is what most will suggest, but I really do believe that an 8-3/4" with a Detroit TruTrac diff and a set of aftermarket axles is going to stand up to my car just fine, and I can do all of that myself for under $700. I don't plan on going too much faster, as I really don't want a roll bar in this car.

The diff that broke was a rebuilt powerlock unit in the same case that gave me trouble last year. I called Eaton yesterday, and the tech there said that the Detroit TruTrac will handle everything I can throw at it at my cars performance level.

The issues with the Dana are all the small stuff that adds up. Brake lines, axle tube ends, axle redrilling, shortening my driveline.... I don't see myself getting out of that project for much less than a grand. The other issue is that it's got 4.10's in it. I really don't want to go DEEPER than I have now. 3.91's are steep enough!

Sorry to make you wait, Pete. and thanks so much for the offer to help. I really do appreciate it! I'll have a decision made here soon. Feel free to add any advice you may have to confuse me even further...

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120