Back in the day, my dad CP dealer) would go to the Chrysler leasing auction in Laconia NH, mainly looking to buy off lease (read former rental) Fury IIIs, and the like.
There were also factory test cars, magazine test cars,etc and mistake cars, anything Chrysler had that they wanted to unload. I saw hemi Challengers, Chargers, etc. Window stickers still on them, listed to be test cars for...name the mag.
Only really memorable thing I recall him buying was a '71 Satellite wagon, factory test car, 383/4spd,PS,all tinted glass, even had the RR pie plate. Dark brown. I couldn't afford it, damn I wanted it.
For a while, they had a lot full of Superbirds, would run them through one after another, no one bidding, could have been bought for $22-2300.
I remember thinking at the time, if you just wanted a cheap car to drive til it fell apart, that would be a cheap way to go.
They usually had around a thousand miles or so on them. Most were white 440/autos.
Only one we ever sold, I flew to Boston, picked up a white 440/4spd from the zone office, Natick, drove it back to Vt. Had a customer wanted just that.
Vermont was a two plate state, he got permission from the state to run only one.
Kept it for a long time, I'm sure he is dead by now tho. Norman Dailey.

It takes gasoline to interest me.