All week long it's been one thing after another keeping me out of the garage. Everytime I think I can steal away to the garage something comes up. Wednesday nite I finally sneak into the garage and start setting up for some dyno pulls on the 605. The throttle linkage dies, so I take off to the shop to fabricate a replacement. Get back and fire the motor up, set the timing and make a pull. Hum, power is way down, I go to recheck the timing and I'd bumped the dial and I'm at 44degrees, Hemi's don't like 44 degrees. Reset the timing to 33 degrees, engines pretty much heat soaked now. It makes a clean pull to 6500 but my EGT's are getting high at the end. Look at the report, engine is only using 1050cfm@6200rpm. Need to decrease the HSB, carb is a 1140cfm unit. It makes 778.2hp@6200 and 755.8ftlbs.@5000. Before I can change the bleeds we loose power to the whole town. I loose the data from that run as I hadn't saved it yet. By the time we get power back on it's to late to crank things up again.
Thursday nite comes and I'm going to crank things up again, power goes out to half the town, my half. Being Mayor one of my jobs is to locate the problem and get a crew in to repair it. It was 11pm when we got the lights back on.
Tonite I have prior commitments, this weekend I'm straping my BFR on and nobody better bother me. Dave