Just a note to the last poster:
The Mopar Speed Secrets book is a good place for a Mopar newbie to start but DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ IN THE BOOK!!!!!
I cannot stress this enough. I have real problems with someone, who calls himself an engineer, putting out false information. Either he allowed himself to be misinformed and didn't do due diligence, or he has never heard of the word "ethics". Case in point: The claim that 1975 and newer blocks are thinwall castings and can't be bored out very much. Maybe this non-starter isn't in the newer books, but it was in every one back in the day. Problem is, there was no statistical difference in cylinder wall thickness from before and after 1975.
Another untruth was the claim that minimum piston to head clearance should be more than 0.050" People on this board are running 0.035" on some pretty big engines and this is a case where the tighter the clearance the better.

I also have a problem with Direct Connection / Mopar Performance who for years and years refused to give out cam duration at 0.050" lift numbers because they didn't trust us to use the information correctly.

So use it to start, but there are many better reference manuals out there.

R.