Hello all!

I have not been on the board or checking PM's or emails for nearly a month. I am truly grateful at the amount of support I saw this morning from everyone.

I had a pretty good couple weeks, with a minor set-back earlier this week. Bought the family a nice new loaded pop-up camper. (Slide out, inside shower and bathroom, the works). It came with a built in car stereo, so the first thing I did was throw it out, install a nice new head unit, subwoofer, new speakers and some power amps. The wife was NOT happy about that. And it has taken far longer to install it than it would have in the past. (I should have it finished today, just in time to blow all the fuses in the 12v system, probably).

Anyway, my plan was to spend some quality time camping with the family. They used to camp all the time, but I was "too busy" working, and they'd go by themselves. I'm really liking the idea of spending some quality time in the woods with my wife and kids.

Unfortunately, I keep running in random health issues that interfere with my camping plans, but darn it, I'm going camping one way or the other. Michigan is just beautiful this time of year.

I'll get an updated prognosis in about a week. FWIW, when I was first diagnosed the Docs were pretty adamant that I would not be around even now. I recall thinking that I wouldn't be able to see the Olympics (not that I usually watch it, but it became the principle of the thing.)

So tonight, I'll watch the opening ceremonies, HAH - take that, cancer.

My next goals are:
experience fall in Michigan one last time.
Be around to see who gets elected.
Be around to see if the Mayans were right.
Be around to see my Handicap license tag expire in January.

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts and prayers. I'll be following up on the emails and PM's I've received.