So I stepped up for a high dollar 9" converter a couple weeks ago. Went to Woodburn dragstrip over the weekend for some Super Gas test-n-tune. Made seven passes and everything was going well. Eigth pass and down to the final four cars then BOOM (well, really SNAP).

My TCI Vasco input shaft sheared off about in the middle like it was cut in a band saw. OK, so $400 bucks, not the end of the world, right?

Well the motor went to 8400 immediately, which grenaded the stator in the converter, which grenaded the converter pump (front cover) which grenaded the turbine.

Got that news last night between 1st and second round at PIR. Didn't make for much fun the rest of the night.

So, my question for all you high horsepower, Glide equipped racers, what input shaft would you recommend?

BTW, today I got some good news. A1 performance (my converter guys) got TCI to warranty the shaft and A1 didn't charge me any labor to rebuild the converter. Just had to pay for the parts. Gave it to them on Tuesday and got it back, along with the new input shaft, today.