Quote:

Whatever...It's your money.

But if you think you aren't leaving horsepower or driveability on the table you are mistaken. A few years ago one of the writers who normally write about Mopars, I think it was Steve Dulcich, did a test where he used "chevy lobe" cams and then similar duration cams optimized for the Mopar lifter diameter. He found definite horsepower gains from the quicker accelerating lobes. For example, Hughes hydraulic cams will get the same lift as an MP camshaft with 20 degrees less duration at 50 lift.

I maintain that there must have been wizards at ChryslerCorp to come up with meaningless terms and then sell them as some sort of magic. I mean "purple shaft", Wedge head (every smallblock chevy from Day One has had a similar combustion chamber), Sure Grip (this name was applied to at least three different limited slips) and the like.

Also consider modern hydraulic roller cam pushrod engines going one horsepower per cubic inch with cams less than 216 degrees at 50. Slam the valve open, hold it there for as long as you can and then slam it shut. That's the ticket.

Now, if one had a dyno and some time, it might be possible to find an MP cam that outperformed those modern cams. For example, AndyF found that the .528 cam was unbeatable in his 451 stroker running stock exhaust manifolds. But that's after countless dyno pulls.

R.

Aren't all these cars 40+ year old technology?? People use what they like and thats what makes the world go round. I hear people that think Comp cams are great but I don't like them at all.

The overall combination along with the cam and how it works with it is the real key.

We can just agree to disagree