The block is a MP siamese bore hemi block. I could have gone deeper with the pan but built a kickout on the passengers side instead. The bottom of the pan is just above the bottom edge of the trucks old straight axle. It's got a good 6" of ground clearance. It holds 12 quarts but I normally run 10 in it.
I'm hoping I've already fixed all the weak links in the driveline, I've already broke them all at least once. Dana 60 with spool and moser axles, built a 4-link as the 52 year old leaf springs gave up before I hit 600hp. New driveshaft, built a new trans crossmember with 2 triangulated trans braces. Bought a set of M/T radial drag slicks 32/14 for the track and have a new set of M/T 325/265-15's for the street.
The truck has given me more than a few 'Depends" moments, at 650hp it would break the street tires loose at 70mph. You soon learn to not drop the throttle until it's pointed in the right direction with the front tires pointed in the same direction. I've had it pointed at the guardrail at the strip enough times to know you can't drive through it. And you never, ever, ever race it or drive it at high speed in a cross wind. You never, ever excede 130mph unless you're looking to solo for your pilots licence, ( front end get air under it and the steering disappears.) Dave