Quote:

My advice is...don't do it . If you want a '71, buy a '71 . Very little diffrence in the buy in price.
But, if you just have to do it , try finding a / 6 or 318 Barracuda to use, and not a real 1970 'Cuda convertible .
Otherwise, you will be turning a potential 50k car into a 30k car .
Just my opinion.
At some point, you (or your kids) will be selling this car .
You might not think that now, but , somebody could have a heart attack and drop dead 10 years from now , or, somebody gets laid of at work , or somebodys investment firm blew your retirement in the stock market , who knows. It's always best , from a collectability standpoint , to keep a car what it is . If it is a '70 , keep it a '70 .
If you took a real 1970 340'Cuda convertible for example and changed it to look like a '71 ,the car will be hard to sell to most buyers, or at least be prepared to take a huge discount in price .Potential buyers will look at it and scratch their heads . "Must be VIN swap" will be most peoples gut instinct .
It would be like building a Superbird clone out of a real Hemi GTX .
Now, if your plan is to find a cheap 318 car to start with , then it's not that big of a deal , and you can just ignore the above ,
but I would strongly advise aginst doing it to a real BS27*0 .

Greg

Very well put!! I did some what the same with a 1968 Camaro SS (I know!) all original, number matching, etc...cut the rear, added RS stuff...basically ruined it! Lost $$$ big time in resale. Take care! Jeff