On the cam, what "character" do you want the engine to have and what do you plan to do with the truck?

Do you want it fairly smooth and stronger than stock and (comparativly) thrifty as a truck engine? I think that's the 301 based on specs. Its 220 degree @.050 duration is still quite a bit more than the 200-205 or so stock. It should also live well with stock style rockers/pushrods. No expensive special parts needed. Just get the valve springs matched up. Heavy enough but not too heavy.

Do you want a max effort truck towing engine. Maybe a bit rough idle, a little soft at low RPM but wakes up in the mid range say around 3000 RPM? I think that's the 302 based on specs.

Do you want a somwwhat racey engine. Soft bottom end, needs stall convertor, may not be practical as a working truck engine but really goes when you spin it up? I think that's the 303 based on specs.

Of the 3, I would pick the 301 for a 383 truck engine but your preferences and needs may vary. Key with any of them is getting the compression dialed in and matched up.