Quote:

Quote:

Is it worth the time in advancing that cam if the duration is to wide? or should i change it out? I don't have anymore info on it then what i've listed. I thought i had the tune down pretty good from the chassis dyno. I did try different launch rpm's and shift points. I do understand that the 60' is critical and until i sort that it's gonna be slow. With a correct cam for this engine wouldn't it be ideal to have the heads flowed?

Flowing the heads would cost money that you could be putting into the cam.
I would change the cam out with one that has a 106 to 108 lobe separation angle, and a duration at .050 of around 260 to 270 @ .050" lift, preferrably 260 for great mid range torque.
Advance it 4 degrees if it doesn't already come that way (advance ground in)and hang on.
You're converter will stall higher, you won't have to change gear or tire.

The cam, compression, head work and converter all effect on another, and the dominator is going to like lots of stall. In order of what to do, I would go with a cam first, compression and some port work next, then match the converter with plenty of stall to work well with the dominator. Gears would come last, as they won't be worth near as much in ET gain if the converter is stalling up where it needs to be.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky