Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Have ever thought of not doing base coat clear coat?

The factory used single stage enamel. The conversion to base coat / clear coat doesn't always come out right. I can't tell you how many FK5 base coat / clear coat disasters I've seen. they look nothing like the real color.

I would recommend PPG single stage.

Chris, he started off wanting to go single stage but it's his first attempt at painting & you can't color sand single stage...

Oh didn't know that.

I paint a lot of stuff myseld but I would never paint a car myself. Paint is just too expensive. I'll pay an expert to do it.

Hey thnx for remembering me RT.
Chris/Morty, Yeah I kinda agree with you. I thought Id be nuts to try it myself, but then I thought "why not?". Ill never know if Im any good at it if I dont even try. I also heard people say leave it to the experts when I rebuilt my tranny, or put a 6 inch lift on my truck, or gutted and redid my kitchen and bathroom or countless other projects. But I did those myself and they turned out great. Took alot longer than a pro and I hit some snags along the way, but I got it done.
A couple things that made me want to try is the fact Im doing the interior and trunk too. So I ca kinda practice in those areas. Plus I have a friend who shoots cars on the side who can help me out if needed. If I cant even shoot the interior without screwing up, Ill know that its just not for me and Ill have my friend do it.
But the thing is I want to at least give it a shot myself. Its part of the hobby for me....to attempt and learn new things.
Plus, this is the car to learn on. Its not numbers matching, will never win any trophies, and is a driver. I dont think I would attempt it on a true 69.5 Bee or a Cuda.
I think u get my point, I just wanted to clear that up.

Anyways, I can only get F6 in Omni locally, cant get Deltron. For dupont, cant get Nason, only chromabase, but its $650 a gal! Yikes!
I checked Matrix and there is a distibutor about 70 miles away. U tech is 100 miles away.

I will check on Pro spray next.

Thnx for the advice so far guys