I am in the final stages of completing the metal work on my '73 to AAR clone. Recently I completed the metal work on the shell and now I have been working on cloning '72 - '74 style fenders into '70 fenders. Last weekend while reviewing my options to get rid of some rust issues I noticed the bracket which the hood bumper mounts to was different between the '70 and the '72 - '74 type fenders. Following is a picture which shows both types of brackets. Is the extra metal on the '70 style used for any attachments?

On the RH side to get rid of some rust I had to weld on the along the seam plus I was able to replace the bucket with a bucket from a '70.

I notice how this pictures shows the beat up part of the firewall. After all the work I have completed I might just have to cut this out and replace it...

On the LH side I was able to break the spot welds and just replace the bracket. I'll have to modify this bucket area plus on both sides I need to make the holes for the lower mounting points for the front valance.

So far I am pleased with the results.

Last edited by 73cudaproject; 09/18/08 05:29 PM.