Beautiful!

I had a similar plastic Coke bottle with DOT3&5 that I kept in my garage for several years with the intent of showing the same result - two liquids living peacefully very near each other, but not together. I was even using old used fluids, thinking that as a worst case scenario, used fluid would be it. After several years of periodic violent shaking, sitting open, closed, hot, cold, sun, dark... nothing but clear fluids. The tint in the DOT5 was fading a bit, and the DOT3 was still ugly, but that's about the only changes I saw.

One thing I feel I need to mention is the moisture absorbtion aspect of DOT5. Specifically, it doesn't, for all intents and purposes. That doesn't mean that water is going to pool up in the system somewhere because it doesn't get absorbed in to the fluid. DOT-not-5 will suck moisture out of the air, DOT5 won't. If you don't put water in your system on purpose, it's not going to get in there through DOT5 fluid. That's the primary thing that extends the life of DOT5 over not5. The other fluids absorb moisture from the air, reducing their boiling point, and leading to corrosion in the system. The not5 fluid needs to be flushed completely every couple of years at most. DOT5 could be flushed that often, but it doesn't need to be. I end up flushing my DOT5 about every 4-5 years, mostly because I keep upgrading the brakes or suspension. Been using the stuff since about 95, after my own unfortunate firewall paint experience.

Clair