Quote:

The reason you are fighting ratings is that the "cheap" volume store units are rated at lower pressure--!!! and sometimes at suction, or atmospheric !!!--- for "better looking" ratings

Please don't buy any "oiless" or "direct drive" compressors. Find an industrial store in your area that supplies good, brand name compressors. I'm not speaking here of Lowe's, etc

One reason you need to go to a trusted, brand name industrial supplier, is that regardless of suction, rated at 40, rated at 90, you need to remember:

Sometimes even these figures are a great big lie, and, you can't even go by horsepower, because SOME sellers are spitting HP ratings BASED ON POWER DRAW rather than actual developed HP.

In short, you need to look at compressors ONLY rated at 90-100PSI. Good quality compressors ARE NEVER rated at 30-40 or suction. EDIT--What I mean is, good compressors are never rated ONLY at 40psi, but will at least have a 90psi rating

He said he was looking Eaton compressors which if I'm thinking right, they make industrial compressors here in Ohio. So he's good there, I recomend them.

with everything you said.