a quick check with the test light showed voltage at the battery side of the disconnect and on the battery side terminal of the alt feed relay with the switch off. I didnt check the alternator side of the 75A relay because that is a direct feed to the alt and shouldnt drain the battery, it was more of a safety thing.

If that relay was internally shorted, could it short to the small relay terminals and to ground? If it did that I guess it could back feed to the small terminals on the disconnect and then my fuel pump relay would be an additional, but small, drain. I really think I checked for voltage on the small hot side of the 75A relay to make sure the disconnect was working properly and confirmed that it was, but I did all of this a few weeks ago when I was back down in NC so I may have missed/forgot something.

With the switch on, that 75A relay is a constant drain and I need to figure away around because I dont want to have to hit the disconnect everytime on my street car. Maybe I'll just bypass it and watch where I'm wrenching when near the alternator.