Quote:

Bottom line...it's his car and he can do what he wants to with it. I simply stated my opinion.

The resto everything crowd is always on my case because I enjoy day two rides. People wonder why younger are not into Mopars?

How about...those are the wrong fan belts!
Your car isn't worthy to be parked next to mine
I could go on but I will leave it at that...
What I stated above is an opinion. Relax guys!

I know '70 Coronet R/T's are not common. It is a generalization to say there are lots of restored to stock Mopar stuff out there.
Because there is...

If you narrow every option down, there are quite a few one of xx or xx amounts of with this or that.

- Yes it is his to do what he wishes.

- I have no problem with "day 2" rides or the people that like them - though this is a period custom IMO, not "day 2" which I take to mean some period aftermarket goodies like carb, intake, headers, wheels and tires, etc.

I'm a "live and let live" kinda guy, but the whole "stock cars are boring" thing is annoying to me. I mean, really?? The whole REASON that we love these cars is that they were ANYTHING but boring. I just don't get how multi carbed, hi impact paint, huge scoops, pistol grips, high impact colors and bold in-your-face graphics can be considered boring. Around here, I'm extremely lucky to spot ANY 1960's car and it's usually a red "pro-touring" '69 Camaro or some such thing (yawn). Maybe some of you are used to seeing rare Mopar muscle cruising around everyday; if so, I envy you.

I'm not against day 2, modified or custom cars though I freely admit that modifieds are not my thing, especially the modern touches. Some period customs are very cool (think Choppintime's 'Cuda), but I don't PERSONALLY care for the paint and body mods on this Coronet. To each their own.

There seems to be growing anti-resto sentiment from both the modified as well as the "drive a beater" crowd that I don't quite get. Perhaps you or others have been treated badly by the "resto crowd" and all I can say is that I'm the last guy to rag on anyone's ride no matter what I think of it.

Anyhow, I'm trying to explain my thoughts, not rant at you and I am certainly not upset or excited. At the end of the day, the OP himself said he thought the flares and paint were horrible and was looking forward to getting the car back to a factory look in FC7. A bunch of people expressed the expected "leave it alone" opinion and I was simply trying to assure him that not everyone has that sentiment and there is nothing wrong with the idea of putting the car back to stock. Not all old customs are worth keeping.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]