I need help!
Maybe some of the more experienced brake techs can lend a hand with my crappy situation. My brakes in the Duster just went from bad to worse. I had a factory power disc brake master cylinder and booster in the car, but the low speed braking was always bad because of the lumpy '508 cam in the 360 motor. I have 10 1/2" rear discs along with the 73-76 Duster 11" front discs. Before with the power setup, the brakes were decent at speeds over 20 mph. Firm pedal with reasonable effort. I switched to a new non power master cylinder that is supposed to be for 4 wheel disc brakes, since it came with the rear brake kit. The pedal feel is great: I bled them yesterday and the pedal firms up within 2". When I drove the car today, the brakes are so bad I could barely even get them to skid on dirt! They now feel bad at all speeds.
The car has a drum brake combination valve. It may be the original one that came in the car from the factory. I have several more combination valves to try. I have one from a front disc brake 74 Duster and 3 from 4 wheel drum Valiants. My thinking before was that a drum combo valve would work in a 4 wheel disc application better than the front disc combo valve.
Sorry if all of this seems confusing or if this post jumps all over the place. I'm just wigged out about all this.
Jeff