Thank you MoparAl

I too would be very interested in a standalone controller. Something that uses a vehicle speed sensor and a MAP (vacuum sensor) or a TPS to control shifts like a typical trans controller would. It seems all too simple of a device, we just need someone who is controller friendly to attempt this.

My car is currently controlled by switches, but this is what I had.

A GM lockup vacuum switch that will go open with low vacuum, this switch is in series between fused battery voltage and the center terminal on the soleniod connector (which powers both soleniods)- I still have this functioning, it turns power off to the soleniods during heavy throttle.

I also had a Rostra lockup delay module that was in series with the same circuit as above that would not allow power thru until a certain MPH (I had it set at 40mph). This was triggered by a VSS used from a Dakota. Only problem I had was the module went bad twice on me, so this I deleted.

On the OD solenoid, the ground wire goes to a switch on the dash for driver control as well. On the Lockup, the ground goes thru a 5 terminal relay that when the brake switch is press causes the circuit to go open, which then cancels lockup when braking just like a normal car does, then also a switch on the dash.

The only problem with this is that the speed that it engages is always the same and doesn't change with throttle opening like it would if a controller were used. With more throttle, it needs to shift later, but this mechanical design does not allow this .

Hopefully these ramblings make sense

440+6
A-518
A/C
4.10s
Viper Calipers

Don