For part numbers containing a dash, such as

3548 530-1

this is short hand for "left and right side". The odd number is always the left side, and the even number is always the right side, with left and right being relative to the seated driver.

There are some exceptions, where the left side part number is even, and the right side part number is odd. Those are always explicitly listed separately. I guess someone screwed up occasionally when assigning the part numbers to the new pieces during the design phase. It was the sixties/seventies after all.

The parts manuals actually say "driver seated normally and looking forward". I don't know why they would need to point that out (driver seated normally but looking rearward??)

Also, if I have a picture of the part, I'll separate the listing into separate left and right entries, each with the appropriate image. Sometimes I can get away with just flipping an image to make the one for the other side. Keep in mind that the images are mainly an aid for part identification, and not meant as a reference for original finish, paint, markings, etc.

Thanks to everyone for the good feedback. I hope to be able to get back to working on the website in a little while.

Doug