I need to replace the driver's side subsframe. This is in the area where the torsion bar is mounted and where the transmission crossmember is bolted. Basically, my torsion bar is rusted in place and I've noticed considerable weakness as part of trying to work it free. So, I think the best thing to do is to remove and replace that section.

I've already got the replacement section and it runs from the rocker panel area to the high point of the transmission tunnel. One mitigating factor is that this is a convertible so it has the torque boxes. The replacement section I have does not have torque boxes.

Where would you recommend I cut out the old frame and does anyone have any pointers on the easiest way to remove the rusted section give what I have to replace it?

Also, is the frame section just tacked along the outer edge of the frame to the floor pans? Or will there be welds I need to drill? I've not done this before and wanted to get some advice on my best

Fortunately, the other side had been fixed previously (although I've seen better jobs). So, I will only need to do one side.

Thanks for the help in advance!

1966 Barracuda 1968 Barracuda convertible 1930 Ford Model A (soon to be hemi equipped) 2006 Dodge 3500 4X4 CTD Quad Cab